What is difference between Seo and PPC

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by RAJSINGLA1779, Sep 30, 2010.

1. RAJSINGLA1779

RAJSINGLA1779 New Member

Dear User!
    Greeting of the Day!

First of all, I am introducing myself. I am a new in Seo.
    I want to know that What is difference between Seo and ppc
    plz tell me how to learn seo . Please reply fast.

Thanks in advance!
  2. idiolt

idiolt Paid Customer

Pay-Per-Click Marketing is more like traditional advertising – you pay to be shown in the search engine listings for specific keyword phrases. But unlike traditional media, you don't pay for impressions, you only pay when someone actually clicks on your ad – hence the term "pay-per-click." When you make a 'keyword buy', your listings are shown in the blue area below. These are also known as the paid listings or sponsored links, but are referred to in the SEM industry as pay-per-click (PPC) ads. Find out more about PPC.

Organic Search Engine Optimization – or SEO for short – is more like public relations. You cannot buy 'publicity' for your site, you have to work for it by undertaking specific techniques and strategies. Generally, these activities include making changes to your website to included targeted keyword phrases and increasing the quality and number of incoming links to your website. When you conduct SEO, you are attempting to get your site listed in the red area below – the unpaid or organic listings
  3. Earley

Earley New Member

Hey....
    Here i am mention some advantages and disadvantages of SEO and PPC which are different from each other....
    In SEO
    1 No risk of click frauds
    2 Large number of visitors
    3 Search Engines Algo keep changing affecting SEO.
    4 For get top ranking its Takes time
    PPC
    1 it shows fast result and ranking
    2 Long tail keywords are more economical compare to SEO
    3 Cost will be relative high if people keep bidding for certain keywords
    4 There is risk of click fraud
    PPC is more suitable for long tail keywords while SEO is more suitable for more generic keywords.
    myleadsystempro
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  4. lagan

lagan New Member

The most obvious difference is the price tag that comes with these two techniques. You are paying for the clicks that PPC sends your way, whereas the clicks from SEO are free. Getting to the top of the SEO tree for your most lucrative search terms requires hard work. Getting to the top of the PPC tree for the same search terms requires money (just how much is dependent on the competition for that particular search term) and work. Both PPC and SEO require hard work researching keywords so that you know which search terms to buy (for PPC) and which terms to optimise for (SEO). Different creatives per search term or group (PPC) and different HTML coding for each page of your site (SEO) both need to be written to entice customers. SEO has the added complication that the title tags need to be written with the search engines in mind as well.

liquid rubber-damp proofing wall
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. RAJ SINGLA

RAJ SINGLA Paid Customer

Thanks Dear ! for telling us useful different.
  6. johngerman

johngerman New Member

:):):):):):):):):):) Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to producing such great information in this thread. Its great to know that this community is full of vibrant people that are willing to help out. I would love to connect with all of you guys, and just be able to connect further on these great topics. If you feel the same way then please just send me a message! I am looking forward to hearing from you guys. Cheers in advance.
  7. PPL

PPL New Member

In layman's term there both the same function in different style of methods...

:sorry:
    John Galt
    PPL, Sales Consultant
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  8. SirOwen

SirOwen New Member

Great information build here. This is such a vibrant community. [​IMG]
  9. SirOwen

SirOwen New Member

Hope they will update again this thread. [​IMG]
  10. Asher ross

Asher ross New Member

Yes, you are right and best answer.
  11. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) are two key ways to drive qualified traffic to your Web site.

Process : SEO works by optimizing the structure and content of a Web page for a set of determined keywords so that it is viewed as reputable and valuable by the search engines. PPC (specifically Google AdWords) works by establishing a set of keywords and then building an ad using optimizing for those keywords that links back to your site.

Traffic Potential & Time Frame: Because SEO is a process not a project, results and rankings are not achieved overnight. It can take months of consistent, proven SEO techniques before your site will begin to appear amongst the top rankings. SEO is definitely a long term investment.
    PPC is beneficial for driving immediate traffic to a site. This is useful for sites that are new, products that are seasonal or time sensitive, or instances when you simply cannot wait for an SEO campaign to bring in traffic.
  12. Rayhenry

Rayhenry New Member

SEO is a natural strategy & PPC is paid strategy.This has been given the most obvious difference is the price tag involved in these two techniques.You are paying for the clicks that PPC sends your way, whereas the clicks from SEO are free.

Energy Star Dehumidifier
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  13. seeman1

seeman1 New Member

SEO works by optimizing the structure and content of a Web page for a set of determined keywords so that it is viewed as reputable and valuable by the search engines.
    PPC is paid advertising technique where you have to pay if someone click on your ad.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  14. lyndawass

lyndawass New Member

SEO is the free source method which can give result after some periodic time

Where

PPC is paid source which can give instant result but too costly...
  15. jennifer1234

jennifer1234 New Member

ppc is the part of seo, ppc means pay per click and the other part of seo organic search.