TODO plans for the next few weeks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily B., Jan 13, 2010.

1. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Greetings all,

First of all thanks for using our software. Well, I think you might be interested in what we are going to implement next and what plans we have for the next few weeks.

Top priority is to release a new patch for our 2.3 version. It will have fixes for known bugs. We will not implement new features in it at all as currently we are concentrated to fix all the bugs you reported. We hope to release it within next two weeks or so_Once patch is ready we can release our yellow pages script
    I hope.

Then we will start checking all the plugins we have - one by one. We will review our forums requests and FIX all the reported bugs in plugins and then we might add some new functionality in them. Anyway, our main focus is still on providing the stable script.

After that we will get back to 2.4 new features development. Already have a list of really cools things you def like

Thanks for understanding, support and patience.
  2. rallen

rallen Paid Customer

If possible, I would like to see a preview of the Yellow Pages Script.
  3. Inferno

Inferno Paid Customer

I'd give them a little more time on the Yellow Pages script. I've read a few times people asking for previews and more information, but the priority is to get the bugs fixed in 2.3. Then the script can work within 2.3 without any flaws.

What the Yellow pages script will include is pretty easy to guess though. If you look at the print version, or the online versions Yellow Pages then it wll give you a better idea. Better category options with better search options within those categories = Yellow Pages.

I'd think the priority should be to get 2.3 fixed without any bugs and then the plugins fixed to take out the bugs there ... then the Yellow Pages add-on when the basics have been sorted.
  4. Sai_dallas

Sai_dallas Paid Customer

Simon,

That is the way to go.
    -- Having a stable version is first priority.

Adding features is good - But only with a solid base to stay on.
  5. djbaxter

djbaxter Not Actually a Rock Star

:confused:

Don't we have a stable version in 2.3.01?
  6. PoconoPeddler

PoconoPeddler Paid Customer

As stable as it could be when released. As in any major release, there will be bugs and needed fixes. 2.3.01 was an improvement on 2.3.00. 2.3.02 will be an improvement on the 2.3.01.

Jim
  7. Sai_dallas

Sai_dallas Paid Customer

No, expecting a patch any time soon
  8. enQuira

enQuira Paid Customer

Fully agree. fixing bugs should be top priority. Features should be done over time. I rather have 1 less bug than 10 new features.