SEO Optimization Tips for Bing.com

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by samin, Aug 2, 2009.

1. samin

samin New Member

Bing is gaining popularity and within a short period of time this search engine has surpassed Yahoo and almost giving tough competition to Google.

There are more users logging into Bing every single day. Some of the cool things about Bing is that it is QUICK and has a better USER INTERFACE.

However, there is a significant different in the way Google and Bing rank websites. If you are planning to optimize your website for Bing then you need to consider these following tips.

1. Domain Age – Bing gives preference to your domain’s age. Google on the other also gives preference to domains which are old.

2.On-Page Optimization/Off-Page Optimization – Google gives more preference to Off-Page optimization rather than on-page optimization. Bing on the other hand gives more preference to On-Page SEO optimization rather than Off-page optimization

3.Text Density – Bing gives preference to keyword density of your content. If you are targeting a particular keyword and your keyword density for that keyword is abysmally low then you wont be able to rank too high on Bing.

4.TITLE is more important – Although Google does gives preference to keywords in TITLE, Bing entirely focuses on TITLE of any given webpage to decide whether it should be ranking at page 1 or Page 8. Therefore make sure to add your important keywords in the TITLE. Also you should abstain from artificial keyword stuffing. Several keywords are semantically considered as same. Take for example, Search engine optimization company, and SEO marketing company are semantically connected with each other. If you are ranking high for one combination, you will also rank for other combination.

I hope You like this information. :good:
  2. edevans

edevans Paid Customer

1. Domain Age – Bing gives preference to your domain’s age. Google on the other also gives preference to domains which are old.

I'm not sure what you mean. Does Bing give preference to older sites or newer sites?

2.On-Page Optimization/Off-Page Optimization – Google gives more preference to Off-Page optimization rather than on-page optimization. Bing on the other hand gives more preference to On-Page SEO optimization rather than Off-page optimization

Can you share what you mean by "on-page optimization" and "off-page optimization"?

Thanks.
    Ed Evans :dance:
  3. webdesignfolkz

webdesignfolkz New Member

Best discussion I have found in Bing forum.

Thanks for your advices.
  4. maybell123

maybell123 New Member

thanks for the info. about the domain age for Bing, does Bing give preference to older sites or newer sites?
  5. Asher ross

Asher ross New Member

Hi, Thank you so much for sharing such good information.
  6. SirOwen

SirOwen New Member

Thanks for sharing these info. I'll also recommend this to my friends... [​IMG]
  7. RAJ SINGLA

RAJ SINGLA Paid Customer

thanks for giving good tips
  8. jhonesmith

jhonesmith New Member

On-Page Optimization Tips:

1. URL Naming:
    If your domain name as possible, try to prime your targeted keywords, if still does not include your keywords in the url.

2. Title Tag:
    Title tag, the first words that you place your keywords Place and after using the word can attract visitors.

3. Meta Description:
    Many search engines use the description tag at any time, but it is best to set it properly just in case. Put your keywords in the beginning of the first meta description and your website attract visitors do yo tour.

4. Meta Keywords:
    Yes many search is now not counted meta keywords, but use less engine search engine keyword tags, meta keywords using the search engine is still worth something to have your site rank.

5. Use Alt Text for Image Optimization:
    Are unable to see images for Crawlers. Thus, appropriate displays using Alt tag your content with targeted keywords to optimize the images.

6. Static URL:
    Remember that all of your important pages should be short and static URLs.

7. Use Headings:
    H1, h2, and use the h3 title tag to define their key subject categories, and putting your keywords in style at least once a title.

-------------
    SEO Services
  9. jassmee

jassmee New Member

In seo you can do on page activity and off page activity...
    Major Off page activity are :-
    1.directory submission
    2.blog commenting
    3.forum posting
    4.bookmarking submission.....
  10. stevejohnson

stevejohnson New Member

These tools may helpful for others but i submit my website http://www.addenda.us so many time to bing, even its daily updated, but no regular crawl
  11. keke007

keke007 New Member

hi all,
    very good, yeah, On-Page Optimization/Off-Page Optimization – Google gives more preference to Off-Page optimization rather than on-page optimization. Bing on the other hand gives more preference to On-Page Search Engines Optimization rather than Off-page optimization
  12. RAJ SINGLA

RAJ SINGLA Paid Customer

Hey friends thanks for the useful information.
  13. hilywatson

hilywatson New Member

That true about bing as its emerging as poweful search engine next to google and many folks like to work with this same as they like to work with google.

Talking about me right now I working with google and sooner I am planning to work with bing also so this tips would proves helpful for me.

As I think there is less or little difference in optimization concern to bing and google but than also I need to educate more about bing algorithm and rules and regulation.

Anyway thanks a lot for your expert sharing concern to SEO for bing.
  14. CillianBensen123

CillianBensen123 New Member

Those were some great tips, i have never used Bing ever and i think you have given a lot of information on it.

Steve Smith New Member

Optimize your title tags for your keywords and use unique tags on each page. Bing really likes title tags and pays attention to them when indexing and ranking your page.