Problem with accesessing database during installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by Badlands07, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Badlands07

Badlands07 New Member

Could I ask one of the Mods to look at my partial installation of 1.2? I have got everything set-up correctly and built a database, but no matter what I try I cannot get the install program to open it, I just keep getting an error that it cannto access it. The funny thing is that I had set-up 1.5 perfectly (database and all) before erasing it and purchasing 1.2, but now I cannot get it to work....:-(

Please help.....
  2. Chris Westmeyer

Chris Westmeyer Paid Customer

If any Mods run across this post I would love some help....:)
  3. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Hi
    please email me your ftp details and I will check why you have the problems. Actually no real changes were made in our Pro version regarding installation process. It's just more improved.
  4. Chris Westmeyer

Simon,

I have sent you a PM (and am getting ready to send another). I would appreciate any help...
  5. Sergey Ten

Sergey Ten <b>eSyndiCat Lead Developer</b>

Hello Badlands07,

Do you have still this problem?
  6. Chris Westmeyer

Sergey,

Yes I am still having a problem, would you mind helping me? I will PM you my login information.

Thanks in advance...
  7. Sergey Ten

Chris Westmeyer,

I just have finished install eSyndiCat on your server.
    Please check it. I sent you PM about access to your admin panel of the eSyndiCat.
  8. Philip Bonifonte

Philip Bonifonte New Member

Sergey, i wish you could have posted at least a partial explanation of what you did to get Chris' system up - I'm having the same problem.

Despite the Forum header that says "you don't need to be a programming guru", I just came off of 3 straight days and nights struggling to get a rival's link management software up and running. Gave up when I was so close, too. Holes in the software you could drive a truck through. Just NO support at all at the other place, and seemingly no desire to give any. I'm far from being a "newbie" at computers in general (I AM green when it comes to MySQL and PhP), but this is ridiculous.

Rhetorical question: Why is it that all of these link programs seem to cause so many problems?

It looks like there's much more knowledgable and friendlier folks here, so I have high hopes.

Phil
  9. Sergey Ten

Hello Phil,

If you wish I could install eSyndiCat on your server. I need your FTP and CPanel details.

sten@esyndicat.com
  10. Philip Bonifonte

Philip Bonifonte New Member

Very generous offer, Sergey! - you've got mail.
  11. Sergey Ten

12. WTM

WTM Loyal User

Most of the time, Phil those problems are caused by people not following instructions or using host that does not meet minimum requirements.

Installation process is very straight-forward and I am sure Sergey will have you up and running in no time... :beer: