partner links, featured etc.

Discussion in 'Common Questions' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Are partner links, featured etc. in Pro version only available?

I can not find in in free verision :(
  2. subseo

subseo Paid Customer

Yes, it's only available in PRO version.
  3. Greg

Greg Moderator

I wasn't aware of that myself. Simon should show that on the comparison chart. Cause it shows a checkmark next to Featured listings and Partner links display, for the free version.

Greg
  4. subseo

subseo Paid Customer

You are right. It's confusing. I can turn sponsored and partners functionality on in the free version, but can't assign sponsored or partner status to the links.

At the end of the comparison table, there is another sponsord listings display feature noted, perhaps a duplicity, that one is with red x for free version.
  5. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

you do have partner and features listings in a free version :) you should just enable them in your admin panel configuration. Only sponsored listings are disallowed
  6. Greg

Greg Moderator

Simon I just installed the free version on my local this morning and did enable them but they are not showing up on the pages?
  7. Vasily B.

please save changes on every configuration page. admin panel -> configuration -> featured listings - > enable them -> click save even they were not disabled
  8. Greg

Greg Moderator

Well they are showing now. I didn't do anything but load up the page. Didn't even touch admin panel. Must be a full moon. :shock: :lol:

Greg
  9. Vasily B.

:roll: so our comparison chart is still truthful ;) I will add just one additional notice - Pro customers can remove our copyright link
  10. subseo

subseo Paid Customer

The same catch I had with email templates. Click to save even if nothing changed from default install. I must remember this "sleight of hand" :)
  11. Vasily B.

yeah, I did not envisage these problems. I will fix this in a new version. All the features will be disabled and you will have to enable them and save changes in order to use them. Now, you go there and see they are already enabled, but in real they are not.
  12. Stanley Holtsclaw

Stanley Holtsclaw Paid Customer

What exactly is the "Partner Links" and what does it do?
  13. Sai_dallas

Sai_dallas Paid Customer

Other good sites of yours can be partner sites

or
    if you have a good friend and you want to promote their site you can put under partner sites.

Basically you saying they are the best sites.

14. Vincent Wright

Vincent Wright New Member

Partner is like Featured: you give some prominence to both.

The difference is in placement on site pages.