need help!

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by rookie, May 13, 2006.

1. rookie

rookie Paid Customer

Hi!
    I've screwed up trying to upgrade to 1.2. Is there anyone out there who'd care to make a few bucks to help me upgrade my site to 1.2?

I'm not lazy, I just don't have the time to mess with errors, etc.

PM me if you'd be interested, and I'll send you my server info.
    Thanks! :wallbash:
  2. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

What did you screw up Rookie?

If you havent added any links or categories, just delete the lot and start again, remembering to change the chmod in the various files.

I had to do it a few times with v1.1 before i got working properly, thankfully the v1.2 was easier to upgrade to.
  3. rookie

rookie Paid Customer

I don't know what happened, but I was getting ALL kinds of php errors, etc..I just prefer someone maybe do it for me.

I got a little confused with Simons directions. Maybe if they were a little more descriptive I'd try it again.

I really want to upgrade!
  4. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Rookie

When you reinstall and you fill out your details, and you go to install, is that when you get the php errors? Like a whole page of red!

If so that is because your using the same name for your database files and it's already there. (If you have files here with data don't do this as you will lose them) Simpliest solution is to go into database and get rid of them all there, and start again or change the name of the database to dir2_. Tedious i know but you will get there in the end...if this isn't the case well the simpliest thing is to take advantage of the free installation service they have here.
  5. rookie

rookie Paid Customer

Loren,
    I'm going to give it another shot a little bit later today. I'll make sure I post any questions I have if I have problems along the way. Please check the board often, I may need your help!
    Thanks!
    Rookie ;)