Need a tad of guidance

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by 4css, Sep 4, 2006.

1. 4css

4css New Member

Hi, I'm trying to get ready to install this directory over the software I already have. I have the phpld, and am wondering if I just install this right over the one I have up there now?

Also, will this reserve the adsense and other information that I have regarding the categories etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you are able to provide!
  2. redeye

redeye Moderator

Sorry 4css but when you install eSyndicat it won't pick up the data from your previous software - (nor will any other directory software).

The easiest solution is to make a data dump of your current database and have one of the support team convert and upload it for you. They've done lots of phpld conversions as people trade up to eSyndicat.
  3. 4css

4css New Member

Hi Redeye, thanks for the quick response, I honestly did not expect a reply today!

When you state a dump of the database, what do you mean? Just back up the php admin tables?

Then delete the entire site and basically start over with the database?
  4. redeye

redeye Moderator

If you are familiar with phpMyadmin you can export a full data dump of your current directory.
    Leave your current phpld directory and database as it is and install eSyndicat in a new folder on your server using a new database.
    This way at least you have access to any data from phpld until your shiney new eSyndicat directory is up and running.
  5. 4css

4css New Member

Heh sounds easy, yet complicated, lol :crazy-be:

I'll upload to the new folder and see what happens.

Kind of working on a few projects right now.

I figured since it was labor day I would labor over my projects that need attention ;)
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  6. redeye

redeye Moderator

Kinda like riding a Harley, if you ain't got tassles on the bars, how do you know you're moving? :wink:
  7. 4css

4css New Member

LOL!
    I'm sure my brother would totally understand what you just said. He is a giant motorcyclist.
    (Thankfully survived a serious accident last year, drunk driver ran a stop sign and backed up over him after hiting him :no-no:)
  8. Dave Baker

Dave Baker New Member

Hello 4css,
    If you will have problems with export of the data from a database or with installation you can address at any moment to support team. We will try to help you in the shortest terms.
  9. 4css

4css New Member

Thanks Dave!
    Appreciate it greatly!
  10. Dave Baker

Dave Baker New Member

Always at your service ;)
  11. 4css

4css New Member

Thank you kindly sir!
  12. 4css

4css New Member

Ok I have the script loaded up, and am on the installation page.

What I don't understand is the part with the script path.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

right now I have the site listed as
    http://directory1.css-styling.com

After I have this installed I'll change it to the directory.css-styling.com (if that isn't going to be difficult)
  13. 4css

4css New Member

Ok I have it up and runing, but when I exported my database, for some reason the other directory is totally empty?

I have the information so help to load it back up would be so greatly appreicated. sigh.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
  14. Dave Baker

Dave Baker New Member

15. 4css

4css New Member

Hi, thanks for the response. I have to head out but would so greatly appreciate the help. Even the original directory doesn't have the informatio within it. sigh.

I hope you are around later as I have to get kids ready for starting school tomorrow.