LMA data inport question

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by Cougar, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Cougar

Cougar Paid Customer

I'm curious what would happen if I already have a populated directory and I try and import additional links from an LMA database using the conversion script.

Will it add the new import of categories and link sequentially, or will it currupt the existing database?

Anyone tried this?

Thanks!
    Mike
  2. Dave Baker

Dave Baker New Member

Hello Cougar,
    You can address to support team which imports for you links and categories.
    If you want to make it in manual:
    add new links in table _links
    add new categories in table _links
    At this action observe sequence 'id' fields
    add recordings in the table _link_categories according to belonging link to category
    add recordings in the table _flat_structure according to belonging subcategory to category
    Correct table _sequences according to new quantity of links and categories.
  3. Cougar

Cougar Paid Customer

Thanks Dave, but I'm referring to using the LMA conversion/Import script which is available in the Downloads section.

It worked perfect on the initial data conversion.I just need to know if it can be used again on the same database without corrupting the already imported data.

Cheers!
    Mike
  4. WTM

WTM Loyal User

:eek:fftopic: Mike, would you share "report link" mod? Please... :eek:oi:
  5. Cougar

Cougar Paid Customer

Hey WTM :)

Sure. I keep meaning to post it because others have asked too.

I'm just heading to bed. I have a long day tomorrow. I'll try and get it posted to the mod section tomorrow night. Check back 24hours from now.

It works well. I get 3-4 reports/week about dead links. I'll have to write it so everyone can understand the instructions.

:sleeping:
    Mike
  6. Cougar

Cougar Paid Customer

WTM: I posted the coding in the 'mod' category. Enjoy!

I guess I'll have to be the test case for my original question... I'll try it on a non-active site first :)
  7. WTM

WTM Loyal User