license transfer and modifications

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by dischg, Sep 6, 2010.

1. dischg

dischg New Member

Hello,

A friend is selling me his websites powered by an unlimited eSyndiCat license. I just would like to confirm this is possible. Does it still come with the updates for life?

Also, say I wanted to create some kind of "specific businesses" website. For example: all the car dealerships listed by state and city subdirectories. Is that an extensive modification or is that something easily (but probably manually) handled by the admin end of it?

Can I add radio buttons like the brand of cars that is searchable?

Thanks!
  2. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to our support forums

No if you have unlimited domains license you may not resell the site or license separately. That's not possible. If you purchase a site with esyndicat installed he will need to purchase additional domain license for your account also otherwise it will be blocked.

You can create this kind of website yourself if you install locations plugin. It seems it allows to do what you want.
    Hmm, I don't understand your second question. Do you wish to sell cars or what? You can create your car makes as categories and locations using locations plugin.
    Please explain in details.

Thanks
  3. dischg

dischg New Member

He will be transferring the unlimited license to me, not just for one site. That is allowed right?

What I meant with my second question is when people post their links, is there a way for them to "self-categorize" by clicking a few buttons during the sign up.

Using the car example:
    A dealership in San Francisco, CA submits their link. They also click a button (or something) that says they are an Acura dealership. Obviously, the location is more important because people in SF don't want to buy their car in Kansas, but thay are looking for an Acura.

Is this possible? I just want to make the listings more specific to make the directory more useful other than the link building.
  4. Vasily B.

Greetings
    Ok, that's possible. Just contact me once you get the license.

Well, that's not possible in that way. Currently we are working on the yellow pages plugin and it will do what you need. Though you can almost achieve this using our locations plugin.
  5. amj94

amj94 New Member

does this mean that if i purchase a site as well as esyndicat license, then it will be ok? am i right? [​IMG]
  6. Vasily B.

Yes, it's possible you can purchase a website with license, but you'll need to contact us so I could transfer the site license from an old owner to the new one.