Issue after upgrade of new pro version

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by Kevin G, May 6, 2006.

1. Kevin G

Kevin G Hostnetric Web Hosting

After install everything works except for the Suggest a category and Suggest a link. Click on them and nothing happens. Suggestions would help.

thanks,

Kevin
  2. Kevin G

Ok I got them working. However, on the plans that I installed. The rates show, but the name of the plans do not.

ex: Should be - Sponsored Monthly $10 only shows the price and nothing else.

Also this is working but slowly. The page loads for it are very slow for both the suggest a category and suggest a link pages.

Kevin
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Paid Customer

After you include the price plans, you need to follow the instructions after you submit the plans to include the various tags to the Language Files.

As for the slow loading, I think it is probably because it needs to build the list of categories in the drop down menu for the category.

To speed up the loading of the Suggest pages, change the 'Categories dropdown instead of tree' to 'Disable'. This will switch to the v1.1 way of adding links. This will speed things up considerably.
  4. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Hi
    eddy2099 is right. it seems like you forgot to add correct lines in your language file
  5. Kevin G

Thanks for advice eddy. I got the page loads working perfect now. As for the plans here is what I get when I try to edit them or create anything new.

If I use one word for the description the system accepts it and does not say I have to do anything else to the language file to get the plan to show up.

If I try and use two words then the system says I have to use only numbers and letters and keep it between 2 and 20 characters. Now I want to use the words "Monthly Sponsor" and that is no where near the limit. So not sure what is causing that.

Also what do I need to change in the language file to get the plans to show up next to the prices on my site at www.thenetcode.com/tnc

Thanks,

Kevin