Installing with 1and 1 hosting

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by djoseph, May 5, 2006.

1. djoseph

djoseph New Member

Does anyone host with 1and1? I'v been trying to install the software on their servers but I've been having a lot of trouble with permission and the PHP reading correctly. Does anyone have a solution or advice for completing the installl?

:wallbash:
  2. Greg

Greg Moderator

Hello djoseph
    Welcome :)

I don't have 1 and 1 but if you are talking about the ProVersion you can get FREE installation.
  3. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Hi djoseph

What is your actual problem?

My directory is on a oneandone server and my database is on also, but on a separate server.

I have had no problems with installing, only certain issues after set up which Simon sorted out for me, and that was my rewrite mod.

What 1 & 1 plan do you have? Do you have front page extentions? I use both FP ext and their free wise ftp program, but i only started using the ftp program after i found it was not copying over the htaccess files..which you don't see with FP exts as they are hidden...

Anyway hope you can sort it out one way or another, Simon is very good he will get you sorted :good:
  4. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to our support forums, djoseph
    please email me your ftp credentials and I will try to install the script for you :)
  5. djoseph

djoseph New Member

Hosting with 1 and 1

The problem is that the PHP isn't reading correctly. Their tech support has told me that:

Certain directives located in my .htaccess, in the 'directory' folder, are written incorrectly which is causing the index.php applications to not execute, thus showing the source code on the screen. This .htaccess file was also causing the 500 error.
  6. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Re: Hosting with 1 and 1

How could they be incorrect if they work on all the hostings (mostly) except their one? I could suppose server configuration incompatibility but the instructions are correct