Install Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by autumnlord03, Jul 12, 2006.

1. autumnlord03

autumnlord03 New Member

Executing SQL structure...
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'a'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/shophcom/public_html/paducah/install/index.php on line 268
    Could not connect to MySQL server: Access denied for user 'a'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    Writing config file... OK

Can you tell me why this is happening and where I should look? I have double and triple checked the login and database info and simplified it as much as possible.

Thank you for your input.
  2. autumnlord03

autumnlord03 New Member

3. autumnlord03

autumnlord03 New Member

Next Issue.

How do I get, did I mention that Im VERY much a novice, the template I selected to display when someone types my domain name and goes to my site? Do I need to create a web page and link data to it or does the software create a template for me to use for that purpose? Thanks for the help.

GMH
  4. WTM

WTM Loyal User

You choose the template from your admin panel general configurations (if you have more than one template uploaded).
    And also please post link to your site so when you ask for help we could see what are you talking about.
  5. autumnlord03

autumnlord03 New Member

Good point!

Ok, here is the link to my site. www.shoppingpaducah.com Im trying to figure out how to make the site go to my template when I type that url into my browser. Thanks for your help.

GMH
  6. WTM

WTM Loyal User

Looks like you have installed the script in the folder: /paducah.
    Are you planning to make any other pages on this site except directory?
    If not - why didn't you install the script in the root???

For current installation you have two options:
    You can set redirect from your hosting account to go directly to: http://www.shoppingpaducah.com/paducah/
    Or you can probably do the same with some additional code in the .htaccess file.
  7. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

AFAIK there was a problem with this directory. Template are uploaded a bit incorrectly.
    2 autumnlord03
    You should upload template directory to templates. You should not have the following directory structure:
    templates/ColorBurst/ColorBurst

Templates path should look like
    templates/ColorBurst only
  8. autumnlord03

autumnlord03 New Member

Thanks for the Guidance

Ahhhhh, some clouds may be lifting. Ok, I have some work to do then. Thanks you two. That gives me some direction to go in.

GMH
  9. Vasily B.

I'm glad to advise
  10. WTM

WTM Loyal User

Hey Lord,

Looks like you are getting there :applause:

If your host support mod_rewrite I would suggest you enable this feature from admin panel for SE friendly url's
  11. Vasily B.

2 WTM:
    %) it seems your advise about SEF urls brought new problems
  12. WTM

WTM Loyal User

13. Vasily B.

It seems the problem still exists with this directory. Please try to add the following line to your .htaccess file:
    RewriteBase /