index.php empty

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by PoetBeast, Aug 7, 2006.

1. PoetBeast

PoetBeast New Member

Hi guys.

I added a thread here last week but it dissapeared...

After installing you rlatest FREE versin and following all the links and setup my index.php page is empty. It does not display a thing!!

1. Deleted the install dir
    2. Made shure the .htaccess file is there and has the correct content including the "RewriteBase /" entry
    3. Checked to see if I have the right php, mySQL and Apache server versions.
    4. Made shure that mod_rewrite is enabled.

Also, I entered a ' echo "this is the index.php" ' command in the index.php file just to see if it actually sees the correct file and it does.

So, ah, HELP!!! PLEASE!!

the website address is www.addconnection.co.za
  2. Vincent Wright

Vincent Wright New Member

The only thing that comes to my mind is that there is some kind of error, and error reporting is disabled in your PHP, so you get a blank page and errors get logged by Apache web server into web server log.

You have to check that log file or ask your hosting company to check it for you.
  3. PoetBeast

PoetBeast New Member

I run my own server

Hi there Vince.

I run a WIN 2000 server and I set php to report errors in a error file. The funny thing is there are no ERRORS, or at least, I could not find any. I can mail u the file if you like. I gotta say, I have been coding for a long time and this one baffels my brains!!

I am going to set the server to create a specific error log just for that site and see what is going on.

Beast/Jaun
  4. Vincent Wright

Well, I believe you :) no need to send me the file.

Ok, set up a separate error log file for the site and see what happens. Another suggestion, add rewrite log directives into <VirtualHost>

Code:
    RewriteLog <full_path_to_rewrite_log>
    RewriteLogLevel 9

Probably that would help.
  5. PoetBeast

PoetBeast New Member

errors

Ok, mind if I mail you the log ?

Jaun
  6. Vincent Wright

No, sure, feel free to send it to me.
  7. Greg

Greg Moderator

8. PoetBeast

PoetBeast New Member

ooh..

Oh there it is..!! thanks..
  9. Vincent Wright

So, is the problem fixed now? If yes, was it RewriteBase issue?