.htaccess help

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by tokyotokyo, May 5, 2006.

1. tokyotokyo

tokyotokyo New Member

Hi Simon,

First, you have once again done some awesome work with this script. I remember awhile back when this first came out. It is amazing what you have accomplished with this project. :applause:

Second, if it's not too much trouble, I need some help with .htaccess. I have installed the esyndicat directory in the root directory of my site. I also have several other websites running as subdomains under the same url. As I'm sure you already know, the subdomains for my other sites show up as files in cpanel file manager.

Somehow, the main .htaccess file used in esyndicat causes my subdomain files to not exsist, or at least that is what the error log tells me. When I clear out the .htaccess file from esyndicat, my subdomains are all ok again, but of course, the esyndicat script doesn't work properly. Any suggestions? :unsure:

Thanks,
    Carl
  2. khunjack

khunjack Paid Customer

..having the same issue..
  3. tokyotokyo

tokyotokyo New Member

.htaccess

Hi Khunjack,

Glad it's not only me.... I am still playing around with the .htaccess file.. if I come up with anything, I will let you know. In the meantime, Simon is awesome in providing support in this forum. I'm sure he will get to us soon.
  4. Scott Merloni

Scott Merloni Paid Customer

Same here. I wasn't going to post. But what the heck.

Had the problem with the free version. I want to purchase Pro. But want to know the fix for this problem first.

Thanks, Scott
  5. barryjohnson

barryjohnson Paid Customer

This indeed is a problem. I used to have it but now I solved the problem here's how:

Under each of your subfolder that hosts a new site, write the following in the .htaccess file: (replace index.php file with your own index file name and extension.)

Code:
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

ErrorDocument 500 /dir/500.htm
    ErrorDocument 404 /dir/404.htm
    ErrorDocument 403 /dir/403.htm
    ErrorDocument 401 /dir/401.htm
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Jianjun
  6. khunjack

khunjack Paid Customer

Jianjun,

Thanks a lot, it seems to work.

best rgds
    j.

In general. No really happy that I have to blow up all my htaccess's.
  7. tokyotokyo

tokyotokyo New Member

Yep Jainjun,

It looks like that is the ticket! Thanks :) .... but wow, I have over 70 subdomains.... looks like i have much work to do change everything :blink:
  8. Scott Merloni

Scott Merloni Paid Customer

Excellent Jianjun, Thanks alot for the fix.

Scott
  9. barryjohnson

barryjohnson Paid Customer

My pleasure my friends around the world! :p
  10. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

11. carsdbs

carsdbs Paid Customer

Thanks too,

I was wondering if this redirect will affect search engine spiders or placements in anyway?

If not I can use it on some other sites lol.

Anyone with this kind of knowledge can answer this?
  12. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Hi
    Mod_rewrite is transparent for search engines. I do not think it could affect negatively.

P.S. I think I should include the solution in our next version. Thanks again for it.
  13. kareti rama

kareti rama Paid Customer

after installing this directory software, i have closed my other sites on the same server because they were not working.
    i applied this htaccess
    and now all other sites are working well.
    thanks barryjohnson
  14. Kashif Saleem

Kashif Saleem New Member

So, now I think 2.0 is a new version, is this problem is solved ?
  15. Dave Baker

Dave Baker New Member

Hello Kashif,
    Yes, these problems have been solved.
  16. prints123

prints123 New Member

Hello everyone, I hope this message finds all that read it in good health n spirits. To be honest I am rather discouraged in the script. When installing the new install there were many files that weren't available which I had to make like ads for one. I loaded it on the server and set the permissions accordingly. I go to where the directory should be and there is a blank page. I have tried the mod rewrite option that was the start of this thread and see that hasn't helped. I just can't understand why some one would put out a script and I was looking at the pro version but can't put the free version in full operational order. Makes me leary of the pro version and I have another directory that I was looking at and or was planning on having migrated. awfully sad. is all i can say.

best luck to all,

Duane