How to upgrade from Pro to Pro 1.2

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by echopulse, May 6, 2006.

  1. echopulse

    echopulse Paid Customer

    I skipped the upgrade from Pro 1.0 to Pro 1.1. So when I upgraded my database, certain tables weren't there that were supposed to be, so they couldn't be modified. That's why my upgrade didn't go smoothly. So now, what I need to do, is start with my Pro 1 database, make the SQL changes to get it to 1.1, then make the additional changes to 1.2. To do that, I will need the upgrade_pro_v11.zip file. It's no longer in the downloads area, so if someone could please assist me with that, I would greatly appreciate it. You can send it to joshua@joshuasplace.net

    Thanks.
  2. barryjohnson

    barryjohnson Paid Customer

    Hi echopulse,

    Already sent to your email box.

    Regards,
    Jianjun

  3. echopulse

    echopulse Paid Customer

    I went back to my original database, and ran the 1.1 mysql upgrade on it. There were mysql errors. Mysql said that some tables already existed, so it couldn't add them. Then, I tried each section one at a time, until I got through it. Then I did the same thing with the 1.2 upgrade script. I never got through the second one, because there were so many errors. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I would really like to get this working. I know the original database works with Pro 1, becuase I went back an re-installed it at a different location.
  4. echopulse

    echopulse Paid Customer

    By the way, I forgot to thank you for sending me that file. I appreciate it. Unfortuneately, it didn't work, but that's not your fault.

    I tried one more time to get this to work. This time, I went back to the original database, and ran only the sql update querries that applied to the links and categories table. These ran without any errors. Then I made a dunp of only those tables, and inserted them into my Pro 1.2 database. This time, I got errors.

    The error with the categories table was that the numbers of columns didn't match on row 1.

    The error with the links table was that the url column was null, and wasn't supposed to be. Maybe I can fix these errors and get it to work, but I don't know how.
  5. echopulse

    echopulse Paid Customer

    I was able to fix those errors, and now my categories and links have been inserted into the database. Now, the problem is my links aren't assigned to a category. Also, the link and category counts don't work. So is there a way to import this data from my old database to the new one?
  6. echopulse

    echopulse Paid Customer

    Quick update:

    I have started assigning links to categories manually. I have done so for about 30 links so far, and the link/category counts still aren't working. At this point, I don't know if it's fixable this way. I may have to try importing the old database again. I'm waiting to hear from Simon before I do anything else.

    Please advise.

    Joshua
  7. Vasily B.

    Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

    please confirm you do not have these problems anymore :)
  8. echopulse

    echopulse Paid Customer

    Thanks Simon. I have fixed everything. Actually, you fixed it, so I can't take the credit. I'll have my review of the new product up very soon.
  9. Vasily B.

    Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

    I'm glad to help :)

Share This Page