How to Re-build my eSyndicat Directory site?

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by jameslittle, Jul 30, 2006.

1. jameslittle

jameslittle Paid Customer

Hi everyone.
    Ok, i try to explain my situation as clear and in detail :-
    1. I bought Pro version somewhere around April'06 . Installation completed, and my template used was "Minimalistic"
    2. I was using free hosting then....after which, well, the free host went burst.
    3. Fortunate enough, I have done a complete back-up for my site using eSyndication admin panel.
    4. After the free host went burst, I simply parked my site which was using eSyndicat script.
    5. Now, I get my own server, and I want to rebuild the site.

How to do?? What to do?? What to start? WHere to start?? Please pardon me as I have forgotten almost everything...and eSyndicat site design has changed too, fortunately I remembered my password and login to this forum successfully.

The site :- businessafe.com (it is now parked still.)

Sincerely
    James
  2. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Have you up downloaded the Pro v1.2 and Patch yet? If not do so, and load it up, you will find the instructions here, http://www.esyndicat.com/docs/install.html

Do you have your database? You maybe able to dump it into the new database..Sergey Ten would probably be able to help you there.

Hope this is a start in the right direction for you? :)
  3. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Loren is right. You should contact Sergey directly and he can help you. I would advise to install the latest version and migrate your previous categories and links there.
  4. jameslittle

Hi, thanks for your kind advise. Ok, I tried go the my account download page , but it shows :-
    What should I do?? My templates used was "Minimalistic" which is not in there "template" download section.

I searched back my record, and my payment was made thru 2CO on 11 April 2006:-
    Where to go for the Pro Version download??
    ..and how do I contact Sergey Ten for help? I am thinking of just doing a fresh installation with the patches and re-build my site afterward.

Thanks.
    James
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  5. WTM

WTM Loyal User

Are you able to login to download section?
    If you are - the template is there (I just checked), if not - it has to be enabled by Simon.
    Just remember - for download section you have to login from the main page (not the forum page...)
  6. Vasily B.

it's possible you used another username with pro privileges. Anohow please email me your both transactions and I will enabled pro area for your current account.
  7. jameslittle

Hi Simon,
    took somtimes to search back both your payment link email, and 2CO purchase receipt email. Found them.

Had forwarded these 2email to your email at "sgooffin(at)esyndicat(dot)com" .

Thanks.
    James
  8. jameslittle

Got it Simon! You are fast as usual!

So, do I need to install the patch too?? or I don't have to install the patch if I do a fresh installation?

Thanks.
    James
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  9. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

You still have to install patch James as well :) with fresh installation of V1.2
  10. jameslittle

Thanks Loren and Simon!
    Got to work on re-building my site up as soon. It has just gained PR4 during July PR update.^_^

Thanks again.
    James
    ..will be back for more!!:lol:
  11. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Dammit don't tell me things like that!! She says greeeen with envy! O I is so sad..I just wanna have a rank...:cry:

But i am glad you getting things sorted petal! :good:
  12. Vasily B.

I'm glad to help :)

2 Loren:
    I would gladly put your site to our portfolio list. Another PR4 link would be great for you Loren, I think.
  13. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Well i guess that would be nice, thank you for offering what would you need from me?
  14. Greg

Greg Moderator

$100 and a home cooked meal. :D
  15. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Stuff the $100 but the home cooked meal is always on offer..Just not for the next few days...arrrrgh what am i doing answering this thread!
  16. Vincent Wright

Vincent Wright New Member

There is nothing better then home cooked meal... especially if it has some lamb in it -_-
  17. Loren

Loren Paid Customer

Yip your right there..and as for lamb yummmy :p..roasted with garlic and rosemary, or my lamb curry oh goodness i have made myself hungry again..however saying that i have gone off cooking :mellow: maybe its because its summer i don't know but i have been cooking for near on 30 years, since i was 8 yes i did say 8, and i ponder on what to cook every evening..its as if all the recipes i have ever cooked have gone from my brain..much to my families disgust...oh well back to my meditation script..
  18. Vincent Wright

I had to learn how to cook once I left home and moved to another city to study in a university. I have to admit I like cooking... from time to time :)
  19. Vasily B.

20. Vincent Wright

Btw, Loren, always wanted to say this and forget it every time: your site is pretty well designed. Good job!