How to get better rankings

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by inspectorthor, Jun 18, 2008.

1. inspectorthor

inspectorthor Paid Customer

I had about 2500 pages indexed in Google. We had to modify the categories. This made a lot of 404 URL not found. I think this is why Google drooped me to about 800 pages indexed.

I am now worried that I will not regain these indexed pages. Also I have none in MSN and only a few in Yahoo!

What can I do to gain more indexed pages? What am I going good, what am I doing wrong?

Also I noticed all my pages index are .inspectionlocator/alaska.com and are not www.inspectionlocator . com/Alaska is this good or bad? How can I change this?

The site is www. inspectionlocator.com

Thanks for the feedback
  2. smartpc

smartpc Paid Customer

it`s big G shuffle time there messing with the algo...

loads of top sites loosing indexed pages and bouncing to oblivion

login to webmaster and check all 404`s then 301 them all.

Then submit all the 404`s for removal. You can submit entire directories in one go.

Dont mess with indexed pages. You maybe be flagged for duplicate content if the response was 404 instead of 301 and G comes along and finds the new page with the same content as the 404`d cached page......

You should 301 before you 404 time will tell
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  3. seo_marketing

seo_marketing New Member

If you keep providing fresh and unique content ,it will definatly be indexed by Google and other serps
  4. megrisoft

megrisoft New Member

Try to get deep linking of your site I mean get inbound links to your internal pages
  5. braan

braan New Member

-Title tags should contain keywords with H1 or H2 tags.
    -Keywords should be in bold or italic.
    -The site should have good keyword density.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  6. RAJSINGLA1779

RAJSINGLA1779 New Member

you can do forum posting & social bookmarking
  7. Addisonn

Addisonn New Member

Hello guys....!
    I think forum posting,blog commenting and article submission are the best ways to get more and more traffic and increase page rank.....!
  8. Boon20

Boon20 New Member

One can improve the page rank by doing as:

Backlinks
    Content is king , so please update it randomly.
    Online blogging
    Social media attachment
    article writing

Continuous attachment with website is also another feature to get high page rank.Sorting out the problems and have a look on the other sites to follow.
    Seattle Homes for Sale
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  9. bhatnagar.ashish001

bhatnagar.ashish001 New Member

How to get higher rankings

Forum Posting and Directory submission in high PR directories are the best method of getting higher rankings in google.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  10. jamhassan110

jamhassan110 New Member

Quality always matter in SEO , Keep updating your Website with Content that is written for Users not for SEO purpose you will defiantly get Good SERP in few days as your new content get indexed
  11. thejman

thejman New Member

Interesting. Hopefully it's still relevant now after the Pandora update recently by Google. Everything changes so fast in the SEO industry.
  12. SirOwen

SirOwen New Member

Yes, I agree it would build more traffic. They are the great ways to have a lot of traffic. [​IMG]
  13. suspa555

suspa555 New Member

With the help of quality link building.
  14. SirOwen

SirOwen New Member

Try to dig deep links. [​IMG]
  15. Asher ross

Asher ross New Member

To earn good backlinks you need to have backlinks from high PR websites and backlniks from niche related website can help you to get traffic for your website as well.
  16. rabia

rabia New Member

i think forum posting and blog commenting are the best ways to improve page ranking.....
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  17. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Forum posting is used to get better rankings. Posting on forums with a link in your signature could result in quality backlinks, improving the popularity and overall search engine ranking of your website. When the search engine spiders crawls the forums, your signature links will be detected, and will provide you with many backlinks within a very short period of time.
  18. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

Yes you are right, i add real time news feeds to my site through rss parsed to html. And you can add more tricks like this.
  19. seecol

seecol New Member

Here are the top 10 SEO Optimization tips you must know about to get better ranking

1. Targeting a long tail keyword
    2. Perfect Keyword Placement
    3. Write quality and unique content
    4. Build Back links
    5. Use main keyword as anchor text
    6. Social media promotion
    7. Optimize your image
    8. Video Content
    9. Use SEO Pressor Plugin
    10. Be Patient
  20. lyndawass

lyndawass New Member

I think you should focusing on your site content and its loading time. You should get a fresh content within a regular time interval