fresh install with following error

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by phoenixisland, Jun 7, 2006.

1. phoenixisland

phoenixisland New Member

I just did a fresh install of pro 1.2 and i get the following error from admin panel configuration link and from root directory of script

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jdragonf/public_html/links/admin/configuration.php on line 19

what do i do about it?

thanks
    phoenix
  2. phoenixisland

phoenixisland New Member

figured it out. sorry for the post.
    phoenix
  3. Sergey Ten

Sergey Ten <b>eSyndiCat Lead Developer</b>

Hello phoenix,

It's ok!

If you have any other problems, please let me know.
  4. phoenixisland

phoenixisland New Member

script not working properly?

I did a new install and everything seems to be working ok except, i can't find links added in categories. when i go to the directory home page and click on a category name is says not found. also i can't see in admin configure where to let people add a link. there is no links on the directory home for adding a link??

any help would be appreciated

-p
  5. Sergey Ten

Sergey Ten <b>eSyndiCat Lead Developer</b>

Hello phoenixisland,

It's seems the problem in the mod_rewrite. Please check up installed mod_rewrite module on your hosting.
  6. phoenixisland

phoenixisland New Member

the apache mod_rewrite is enabled in admin panel. is there something else i should do? I had esyndicat1.4 running on a different domain on the same hosting account with out issue. i decided to use it for a different domain which is the original domain and it's not working.

thanks
    phoenix
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  7. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

please provide me your ftp details and I will try to fix the problem for you. or you can simply try to add the following line to your .htaccess file:
    RewriteBase /