eSyndiCat v2.3.05 has been released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vasily B., Feb 10, 2011.

1. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Greetings

We are happy to announce the release of 2.3.05 version. It has a lot of improvements and fixes for all known bugs.

Upgrade instructions:

First of all please create a backup of your files and database

#1 Download patch.
    #2 Unpack it.
    #3 Upload all the files from patch to your working copy.
    #4 Go to admin panel -> Manage Database -> Import. Import upgrade_2.3.04_2.3.05 file.

Here is the changelog:
    Code:
    Admin panel index page blocks issue.
    	Admin panel dynamic boxes can be moved but their position is not saved. The same problem for static built-in blocks.

Front end Advanced Search
    	Advanced Search does not work.

Add title attribute for esyndicat action
    	Add title attribute for esyndicat action in the install.xml file to avoid manually adding phrase for action.

Add last visited and registered for admin
    	Create last visited and registered for admin account.

Key is not exist for account
    	When you submit a listing from Admin Panel and create a new account. You will get email with  link for activation account with empty key.

There is no action "register_account" for email
    	When you submit a listing from Admin Panel and create a new account. User does not get email because used  "register_account" parameter which  does not exist in "esynMailer" class.

Create shell file for installation
    	Create perm.sh file to set permissions. We used to have it in our earlier versions.

Ctrl + Enter for Admin panel.
    	Doesn't work login\password fast filling(Ctrl + Enter) in Opera on the admin login page. It gives "Either login or password is invalid"
    	It worked 2.2.06 fine.

Config file writable
    	Find solution for this. Some people are really scared of that notice.

Fields assignment
    	I found out that if you bind one listing field to a category, all the others disappear if you don't bind them to ROOT. This might be considered as a bug though.

Get hooks issue
    	Get hooks issue if there is no any installed plugin.

Pagination bug
    	If mod_rewrite is off. Navigation URL is incorrect. For example:
    		/index.php?category=1&page=2 - incorrect URL
    		/index.php?id=1&page=2 - correct URL

Block CDATA clipped on the symbols ']]' in install.xml
    	If in file install.xml mark hook php with block CDATA. If you install plug-in block will cut on the symbols ']]' instead of ']]>'.

SQL manager
    	Save in local data when get from server about table columns.

Allow to submit listings in several categories
    	Allow to submit listings in several categories without any plans. There should be an option to allow max number of categories where a listing can be submitted to.

Order for fields values
    	When editing Fields - If I select "Drop Down Box" there is no way to set a sort order on the items I enter.
    	If I create a list of countries and then need to insert one I have to redo a big part of the fields.

Make special letters transforms easier
    	I tried your product. Since the site is in turkish language, I had some problems with Turkish characters in url addresses.

Writable permissions for config
    	Find a solution for this as it confuses everyone

Upper case URL
    	Allow to user add a URL in case they want.

Create order for hooks
    	Create order for hooks

Manage templates limit
    	Number of templates is limited to 5 templates only.

Edit listing storage fields issue
    	There is no "delete" link near storage fields (admin panel and front-end)
    	Also there is no "delete" and "view" links on front-end edit listing page for Image field.

Font-end :: Fix Language switching
    	Fix language switching without mod_rewrite module on front-end

Path for related listings (listings_boxes plugin)
    	To get related listings script uses esynListing->getListingsByCategory() function.
    	It doesn't get path for listings using this function.

Link to forgot.php
    	Resolve the issue with link to forgot.php, which appears in the registration process.

Exclude sensitive config from js
    	Exclude sensitive config from js, add .htaccess to  tmp/ directory.

Move default category icon
    	Add ability to set default category icon in the category icons section.
    	Display icons from templates/common/ , templates/CURRENT_TEMPLATE/ and from uploads/category-icons/ folders.

Admin panel suggestions
    	In the Manage Categories screen, make it possible to sort the list by Path.
    	In the Manage Listings allow sorting by Category
    	In the Create listings screen of the Administrator, allow the administrator to set the contents of selected fields (example Listing Location, Cupon code, Zoom and other fields which might be repeated on multiple listings) to be sticky, so that these don't have to be set each time when a group of listing are being added manually.
    	In the drop down list of Categories and Locations, allow new items to be added if they do not already exist.

Pagination on View-account page
    	Pagination not working properly on this page.

Admin url change
    	If change admin url, you can't login into admin panel.

Categories mod rewrite rule bug
    	Script interprets categories which are stared with letter "P" as pages.

It is related to this rule:
    	RewriteRule? p(.*).html$ page.php?name=$1 [QSA,L]

Install plugin bug
    	function Upgrade and Install are different.
    	see "Add new front end pages" and "Update front end pages"
    	table "pages" has no field "title"

Add ability to show phpInfo
    	Add ability to show phpInfo

Implement esyndicat twitter by default in admin panel
    	Implement esyndicat twitter by default in admin panel

Plugin install bug
    	If listing field default value is 0, in the listing field this field is empty.

Email notifications for admin
    	New account registered.
    	Category is suggested.

Ban account
    	Add new account status.
    	http://www.esyndicat.com/forum/about20516-2.html

Remove default bootstrap hook
    	Remove default bootstrap hook which is getting sponsored, featured, partner listings.

Add search category functionality
    	Add ability to search categories.
    	http://www.esyndicat.com/forum/about20544.html

Preselect category in tree.
    	http://www.esyndicat.com/forum/about20589.html

Forgot password functionality
    	There is no any control of the changing password of account functionality. Anybody can change account password if he knows an email address.

Multilanguage pages content
    	Add tab for each language in script in WYSWYG editor on create/edit pages section.

Make meta_keywords and meta_description for listings by default
    	Add meta_keywords and meta_description listing fields by base version.

Deep Links
    	There should be error message if listing and deep link domains are not similar.

Admin Panel bug
    	Iphone switcher buttons don't work.

Admin panel blocks
    	After install first enter, all blocks are collapsed.

Listing Fields Tooltips
    	Tooltip is showing "null" if tooltip field empty on the suggest and edit listing pages(frontend).

Edit Listing page (FrontEnd)
    	There is no "delete" and "view" links on front-end edit listing page for Image or storage field.

MultiCrossing Configuration
    	Move this config to Listing Configuration.

Language Switching (Frontend)
    	For example I have 3 language package(english, polish and french) default language is English so, if I switch language to Polish current language in the language checkbox displays default language (English).

Admin Panel :: Category Icon section
    	Got this message " http://mydomain/v2305/http://mydomain/v2305/templates/common/img/category_icons/category_icon.gif image set as default icon for categories." when I click on "Set As Default" button.

Admin Panel :: Help tab
    	In this Tab HelpDesk? and Glossary Of Terms have a incorrect URL's

Admin Panel :: Manage Categories and Manage Listings
    	In the Manage Categories screen, make it possible to sort the list by Status and Order.
    	In the Manage Listings screen, make it possible to sort the list by Status.

Listing sorting
    	Listing sorting not work on the frontend.

Admin Panel :: "Hide Category" function
    	I suggest change title of this function as it is not clear for users

View-Listing Page (FrontEnd)
    	I've uploaded Image (Field type "image"). In the view listing page that image open in new tab.

Admin Panel :: SMTP configuration
    	add "Port" to SMTP Configuration

Accounts breadcrumb
    	There is no aplha in the breadcrumb on the accounts list page.

Change LOG files extension
    	Change extension for files stored in the tmp/log directory from TXT to LOG
    	Required for security reasons.
    	Example: tmp/log/error.log

"Allow HTML" content should pass safeHTML
    	With "Allow HTML" enabled malicious user could use XSS attack

Tooltip doesn't work on suggest listing
    	Tooltip doesn't work on suggest listing (frontend).

Watermark preview
    	Impossible to view watermark

Description field bug
    	Admin Panel.
    	If set description field is not required, you cant submit listing (in admin panel) with empty description. It anyway says that "Description is a required field."

XSS atack posibility
    	Add to any field the value:

"><script>alert('this javascript')</script>

which will run the script.

{own_dir_url} is not replaced in Account Registration template body (html)
    	Account Registration template body (html):
    	{own_dir_url} is not replaced.

Position of 'Assign to account' checkbox is not saved (Admin create listing).
    	Admin create listing:

Position of 'Assign to account' checkbox is not saved.

If user edits or views approval listing he gets 404 error.
    	If user edits or views approval listing he gets 404 error.

Listing title bug
    	Trim listing title of it is more than length in configuration of field.

Duplicate Pages created when editing a listing
    	I created a new listing with the business name Cosy Homes Constructions which generated the URL  http://aussielisting.com.au/business/construction-and-maintenance/Cosy-Homes-Constructions-l1.html

I then went into Manage listings and changed the Business Name to Home Builder Perth which generated the URL
    	http://aussielisting.com.au/business/construction-and-maintenance/Home-Builder-Perth-l1.html

I would have thought that the old URL would have be replaced by the new - and not 2 URL'so appear.

Resend account password issue
    	One thing I noticed that is not really a problem but should be looked at is that if the registered user selected his own password instead of auto generating one and I resend the conformation e-mail it resets the password to an auto generated one. This is not really a problem but I figured you may want to fix it at some point.

Add hook -> page relationship
    	Add hook -> page relationship.

Assign listing to new account bug
    	Edit listing - Assign to account - new account, fill name and email and click save, account creating but listing do not assign to the new account.

Patch will be released in few minutes. Currently we are making final tests upgrading our demo version.
  2. aafo

aafo Paid Customer

is there any way to upgrade from 2303 to 2305 ?
    or do I have to first upgrade to 2304 and recently to 2305
  3. Sergey Ten

Sergey Ten <b>eSyndiCat Lead Developer</b>

Hello aafo,

Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade from 2.3.03 to 2.3.05.

You should upgrade it to 2.3.04 first and after to 2.3.05.
  4. aafo

aafo Paid Customer

Thanks Sergey
  5. layoutzzz

layoutzzz Paid Customer

Small bug fix for patch from 2.3.04 to 2.3.05 & additional info.
    Edit ./updates/upgrade_2.3.04_2.3.05.sql file

find code
    line ~162
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `{prefix}listing_fields` (`id`, `name`, `type`, `length`, `values`, `default`, `order`, `required`, `adminonly`, `pages`, `thumb_width`,  `thumb_height`, `image_height`, `image_width`, `file_prefix`, `searchable`, `file_types`, `section_key`, `show_as`, `any_meta`, `recursive`) VALUES 
    ('meta_description', 'textarea', '0,150', '', '', 6, '0', '1', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 'checkbox', '', 1),
    ('meta_keywords', 'textarea', '0,256', '', '', 7, '0', '1', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 'checkbox', '', 1);

replace to
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `{prefix}listing_fields` (`id`, `name`, `type`, `length`, `values`, `default`, `order`, `required`, `adminonly`, `pages`, `thumb_width`,  `thumb_height`, `image_height`, `image_width`, `file_prefix`, `searchable`, `file_types`, `section_key`, `show_as`, `any_meta`, `recursive`) VALUES 
    ([COLOR="Red"]NULL[/COLOR], 'meta_description', 'textarea', '0,150', '', '', 6, '0', '1', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 'checkbox', '', 1),
    ([COLOR="red"]NULL[/COLOR], 'meta_keywords', 'textarea', '0,256', '', '', 7, '0', '1', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, '', '', 'checkbox', '', 1);

save changes
    Also you should clear cache from ./tmp/admin/ and .tmp/cache folders via FTP or SHH
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  6. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your report, layoutzzz

This fix has been added to the patch.
  7. Sergey Ten

Hello layoutzzz,

Thank you. I've fixed it.

Also I've added code to clear tmp/cache and tmp/admin folders.
  8. AMER ALI

AMER ALI Paid Customer

problem of error in the database

PHP:
    ErrorTable 'v2304_cron' already exists
    CREATE TABLE 
    `v2304_cron` ( `idint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `namevarchar(20NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `nextrunint(10unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `datavarchar(250NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `activetinyint(1NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `extrasvarchar(30NULL DEFAULT NULLPRIMARY KEY (`id`) )

Debug backtrace:
    #0  esynDatabase->query(CREATE TABLE `v2304_cron` (

`idint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
        `
    namevarchar(20NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
        `
    nextrunint(10unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        `
    datavarchar(250NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
        `
    activetinyint(1NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
        `
    extrasvarchar(30NULL DEFAULT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    )) 
    called at [/home/sitedir/public_html/admin/database.php:327]
    #1  require_once(/home/sitedir/public_html/admin/database.php) called at [/home/sitedir/public_html/admin/controller.php:59]

Database query errorErrorTable 'v2304_cron' already existsCREATE TABLE `v2304_cron` ( `idint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `namevarchar(20NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `nextrunint(10unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `datavarchar(250NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `activetinyint(1NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `extrasvarchar(30NULL DEFAULT NULLPRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) Debug backtrace#0 esynDatabase->query(CREATE TABLE `v2304_cron` ( `id` int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `nextrun` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `data` varchar(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `active` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `extras` varchar(30) NULL DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) )) called at [/home/sitedir/public_html/admin/database.php:327] #1 require_once(/home/sitedir/public_html/admin/database.php) called at [/home/sitedir/public_html/admin/controller.php:59] 

If you are not sure what this error means you can always visit eSyndiCat Support Forums or try these solutions.
    ?
  9. Sergey Ten

Hello AMER ALI,

It seems you try to import update sql file the second time. Check your current version of the script.
  10. AMER ALI

AMER ALI Paid Customer

version v2.3.05

But on the database v2.3.04

I work and I want to upgrade the database
  11. Sergey Ten

12. AMER ALI

AMER ALI Paid Customer

View Ticket: #INI-184-25416
  13. truthonlytruth

truthonlytruth Paid Customer

TO ESYDICAT TEAM,

You guys are using some kind of editor that makes whole upgrade process almost impossible...
    For all of my upgrades I use a software called BEYOND COMPARE to compare and see version diffrent and keep my customization intact....

But you guys are using some kind of editor that makes whole file looks like changed in Beyond Compare (every line changed and even i choose show changed lines, whole files shows up in comparison script) or any other comparison script??????

You have to fix this problem, otherwise upgrade takes too much time...
    I am still working to upgrade my version to latest...
    My currect one is 2.3.04 only 05 and takes lots of time...
  14. Sergey Ten

Hello truthonlytruth,

It's not related to editors we used. It's related to new line character. We use a UNIX new line character. It's \r, but windows new line character is \r\n.

I am sure there is option to ignore different new line characters in BEYOND COMPARE software.

When I used WinMerge and it notified me about different new line characters before open file.
  15. truthonlytruth

excellent found it... :)
  16. truthonlytruth

I was going to try helpdesk but it is down

PHP:
    [Runtime Notice]: SWIFT_Database::LoadPDO() [swift-database.loadpdo]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead (Database/class.SWIFT_Database.php:314)
    My directory is running on this theme, but it is not updated to latest version?
    Would you plese update this template????

http://www.esyndicat.com/product/templates/minimalist/2.2.06/5daysblack.html

Thank you... :)
  17. johnnyrcwp

johnnyrcwp Paid Customer

Wow! I'm really behind on this one. I have Version 2.1.03. Do I have to update one version at a time or can I just update to the latest version?
  18. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Paid Customer

Hi, Im running v2.3.03 trying to look for v2.3.04 on the Download area and only see v2.3.05 stable or v2.3.06 is ok to update my site from v2.3.03 to
    v2.3.05 now Thank..

Regards;
    Jose
  19. Alex B.

Alex B. Moderator Staff Member

Jose Rodriguez

Here you can download the patches

Download next packages:
    Upgrade 2.3.04 - 2.3.05 released on 2011-02-10.
    Upgrade 2.3.03 - 2.3.04 released on 2010-09-30.

Unpack it
    Upload all the files from patch to your working copy

Go to admin panel → Manage Database → Import. Import upgrade_2.3.03_2.3.04 & upgrade_2.3.04_2.3.05 files
  20. xprtweb

xprtweb Paid Customer

I gave up trying to upgrade for a while because on going to #4, there was nothing similar to import. Instead, I only had 2 options one of which was upgrade_2.2.06_2.3.05, even if I had upgraded to 2.3.04. Nothing would happen if I tried to import.

So the other day, I decided to try & execute the commands in upgrade_2.3.04_2.3.05.sql via SQL in phpmyadmin and see what would come out after backing up the DB.

I had to edit the db tables in a text editor & replaced "{prefix}" with "v2302_" which is in my case the table prefix so that for example:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE `{prefix}cron` (
        `id` int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
        `name` varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
        `nextrun` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        `data` varchar(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
        `active` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
        `extras` varchar(30) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    );

changed to

Code:
    CREATE TABLE `v2302_cron` (
        `id` int unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
        `name` varchar(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
        `nextrun` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        `data` varchar(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
        `active` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
        `extras` varchar(30) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
    After that, I run the query and it seems the update went on well as I got no errors, I see everywhere in the admin panel etc all references to 2.3.04 have been replaced with 2.3.05 & also the interface in the admin panel was updated.

1. Is there anything that may be hidden & that might not be OK that I may not have noticed even after a couple of days? Is it OK upgrading this way? In any case I had no choice.
    2. Instead of the 64 tables, I then had 65 ALTHOUGH a trial exact copy of the site had 66 after an upgrade just a short time before... Why? How many tables does this upgrade add?
    3. What exactly is the option in DB Management section "Import selected links" for?

Regards.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011