eSyndiCat Pro v1.1 - v1.2 SQL upgrade!

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by Vasily B., May 3, 2006.

1. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

Hi again,
    I have prepared a file to upgrade from your Pro 1.1 version to Pro 1.2. Please follow these instructions:

#1. MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE AND FILES
    #2. Download upgradev12.zip from your Pro downloads area
    #3. unpack it. it should contain the following:
    convert_pro_12.php
    updates\upgrade_Pro_v11_v12.sql

#4. upload this unpacked content to your esyndicat directory
    #5. login to your admin panel
    #6. patches and upgrades
    choose upgrade_Pro_v11_v12 from a list and click Run SQL Update
    #7. reupload all the files from eSyndiCat Pro 1.2 archive except includes/config.inc.php and 'install' directory
    #8. add the following lines to your includes/config.inc.php file:
    Code:
    $gDirConfig['version'] = 'eSyndiCat Pro v1.2';
    $gDirConfig['categories_order'] = 'title';
    #9. reset permissions to your directories and files
    #10. now run convert_pro_12.php from your browser

That's all. Then login as admin and choose GreenLeaves template. It's the only template available for our 1.2 version. All the other templates will be ready within next few days.
    Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you have any questions.
  2. klhavlik

klhavlik Paid Customer

Simon --

Regarding templates...you say that only the GreenLeaves is available. I've made my own template using one of the previous templates as a basis. What do I need to do to 'upgrade' my template to use with 1.2?

Kelly
  3. tina

tina Paid Customer

I followed these instructions and it worked like a charm :D Since its the middle of the week and I don't have much time to work on it, I didn't want to have my directory off line so I used a backup copy of my directory. However the copy was exactly the same so I am confident about applying this update to my production version.

On my site's template, I've made extensive changes to it. I initially chose that as my template and the home page displays perfectly. However if I click on any categories, the url changes but I remain on the main page. I am aware that the 1.1 templates are not compatable with version 1.2, however I am just wondering if there are major changes I am going to have to make or if its only going to be a few tags?

So far I am very happy with what I see, nice work Simon :)

Be well,
    Tina
  4. Fredy

Fredy Paid Customer

I have been trying to download eSyndiCat_Pro_v12.zip from the download page, but each time the file can't be opened "File may be corrupt"

Maybe your zip is damaged?

If not do you have an FTP location I can retrieve it from?

FREDY :wallbash:
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Paid Customer

Freddy, I find that if you use IE to download and if it finds the same file existing on your computer or in its cache, it doesn't do the actual download but just draws from the cache no matter how corrupted it is.

You will need to clear the cache and delete the copy of the failed download and restart IE to try again.

Alternatively, when you download, when you are prompted for the option of where to save the file and the filename, change it to something else to allow for a full download. If that fails, use another bweb browser.
  6. tina

tina Paid Customer

Well I take it back. All of a sudden my category links are working on my modified template :) I am still things through their paces however right now it appears that my customized template from 1.1 is working fine with version 1.2.

Be well,
    Tina
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Paid Customer

I was just experimenting around and yes the v1.1 templates would work with v1.2 as far as my test goes however it appears that there are some v1.2 features which would not work with the v1.1 templates such as captcha (sp ?), the payment module and the add on upload fields.
  8. tina

tina Paid Customer

Yes I think you are correct on that. I tried turning the captcha feature on and it did not display, which of course makes perfect sense. So just a little more tinkering :)

Be well,
    Tina
  9. Vasily B.

I will clarify the situation about templates..
    eSyndiCat Pro 1.1. templates do not work on 1.2. That's true. Now our SunnyDay and FireAndIce templates are almost completed. I will try to explain the easiest way to upgrade your templates. The main changes should be around Smarty tags. Here is how we upgrade our current templates:
    #1. CREATE A BACKUP of your working templates
    #2. Compare 3 main files. They are: header.tpl, footer.tpl and index.tpl.
    #3. Then reupload your other template files from the same template directory of eSyndiCat 1.2
    #4. Make some tweaking in order to fit your site design.

We will try to complete upgrading all our templates within this week. Let me know if you need any advice
  10. redeye

redeye Moderator

Ran everything as per instructions and get when running convert_pro_12.php

Code:
    $gDirConfig['version'] = 'eSyndiCat Pro v1.2'; $gDirConfig['categories_order'] = 'title';Can't use database : No database selectedCan't use database : No database selected
  11. Vasily B.

did you add these lines before
    Code:
    ?>
    ? It looks like you have broken config.inc.php file
  12. redeye

redeye Moderator

Before what Simon?

I just added the code to the config
  13. Vasily B.

did you add these code lines to the very end of config.inc.php file? it looks like you did. You should have inserted this code:
    Code:
    $gDirConfig['version'] = 'eSyndiCat Pro v1.2';
    $gDirConfig['categories_order'] = 'title';
    in the end before ?> symbols.
  14. redeye

redeye Moderator

I think I screwed up!

I added the lines to the config.inc.php in the 1.2 archive

I now think I should have added them to the end of the original config.inc.php
  15. Vasily B.

It seems I was not clear enough. Of course, you should add these lines to your installed Pro 1.1 config.inc.php file.
  16. redeye

redeye Moderator

Is there any way I can retrieve the situation?

I don't have a copy of the original file, only an sql dump.
    Can I use part of the dump to re-construct the original file?
  17. Vasily B.

yes, there is a way. please email me your dump. I will generate config.inc.php file for you :)
  18. redeye

redeye Moderator

I'll get it to you asap - but may have to wait until I return home tonight (18.00 GMT)
    Thanks Simon.
  19. Vasily B.

np, anytime when it's more convenient for you. configs table data would be enough
  20. Taipa

Taipa Paid Customer

When we merge these 3 files, what do we call the new file? index.tpl?