Directory not loading, just a Blank Page

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by dawinder, Jul 3, 2006.

1. dawinder

dawinder New Member

My directory was running fine a couple of days ago but now it doesnt want to load (or display) The admin section runs fine but when I go to my index page or any other non-admin section a blank page loads only.

I haven't made any modifications recently & I can't figure out what the problem is. Please Help:sos:
  2. Nick Collins

Nick Collins Guest

Please PM your ftp and phpMyAdmin credentials and I'll investigate your problem.
  3. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

I have the same problem, I cant load my suggest link page neither new links page. I also have a problem with crosslinking...
  4. Dave Baker

Dave Baker New Member

5. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

Thanks Dave, actually I got it working already. The only thing is now that the new links page loads very slow. The rewrite_mod is funcioning properly, never had a problem with that...

The other thing is that if I want to put a crosslink trhough the administrator the category tree doesnt load and takes ages. I had this problem before and someone of the staff took a look at it and improved it.

I think it is a database problem!

Richie
    www.neominds.com.mx
  6. Greg

Greg Moderator

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  7. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

Greg, thanks a lot for the advise, i just programmed it that way and the pages are loading super fast now. I really needed something like this...

But I still have one problem, and that is when I want to put a crosslink in a category, my crosslink popup is still loading very slow. Actually it is loading but it doesnt appear. You also have a solution for that???

Cheers

Richard
  8. Sergey Ten

Sergey Ten <b>eSyndiCat Lead Developer</b>

Hello Richard,

How many links and categories do you have?
  9. Vincent Wright

Vincent Wright New Member

to neominds

The problem is that in current implementation the whole tree is buing built. Having several thousand categories the tree takes forever to load.

I have created Dynamic Tree component. But it's not yet available to public since it's in beta now. But I can send you a copy of it. It has installation instructions or if you want I can install it for you.
  10. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

Ok that would be very nice... I am interested in that copy!

I actuall still have another problem which is that my link detail pages now load forever. If you want take a look at www.pagina.com.mx, and when you click on the details of the link first it apears white and then after 25 seconds the details appear.
  11. Vincent Wright

Well, I tried to open listings and link details -- it takes forever to load. Eventually, Alexa thumbnails don't seem to be loading.
  12. Vincent Wright

For some reason the Dynamic Tree doesn't understand non-latin characters. I will try to fix it and will notify you.
  13. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

Yes you think so?? Because like a few hurs ago it was working perfect, dont know what went wrong. Yes the alexa thumbnails are loading very slow since a couple of day. I though it was because of alexa itself actually...
  14. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

Also what I noticed is tht the pagerank of some sites is still outdated due to the pr update a few weeks ago. Maybe it is a cron job problem.
  15. Vincent Wright

Yes, PR update is a known problem we are trying to resolve somehow.
  16. neominds

neominds Paid Customer

You need any info of my site to see data or modify my database???