About page pre-pending directory URL

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by RockyMtnHi, Jul 29, 2006.

1. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Paid Customer

HI,
    I have added an About page but all links I put into it start with the URL of the site. I want to point somewhere else off of the site but all links including email links have the URL of the directory at the beginning.

Can I stop this pre-pending of the directory URL? As you edit the code it looks correct, but the pre-pend is there once you save he About page.

Thanks for the help,
  2. Vincent Wright

Vincent Wright New Member

Can you give an URL for me to take a look?
  3. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Paid Customer

4. Vasily B.

Vasily B. Administrator Staff Member

5. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Paid Customer

Simon,
    I did add the suggested 2 lines of code but it didn't make a difference. Then I noticed that they were already there, but the page still pre-pended. Any more ideas?
    Thanks,
  6. Vincent Wright

Vincent Wright New Member

Greetings Michael,

could you please described detailed steps on how to reproduce this error. I will try it on my local copy.
  7. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Paid Customer

I open the about page for editing and add text as well as links and my email address. Then I look at the code and it all looks correct - the links do not have the pre-pended base URL of the website. When I save the page it pre-pends the base URL of the site.

That's it.

What do you think?
    Thanks,
  8. Vasily B.

Did not I mention you should have modified the page again? Oops, my fault. Try to delete it and recreate. I'm sure this should help you.
  9. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Paid Customer

Simon and Vincent,
    That did it. I changed the About page text and links and the links no longer have the base url pre-pended to them.

Moving right along and knocking them down one at a time.

Thanks for the help.
    Best,
  10. Vasily B.

Ok, I'm glad we have sorted out this problem. Sorry for the bug