Ability for users to edit their listings?

Discussion in 'Installation and Updates' started by Skip Bertsch, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Skip Bertsch

Skip Bertsch Paid Customer

I want to run a directory for some folks and would like them to be able to sign up, list themselves. Which they can do now.

Then,

be able to come back later and login and edit their listing to their liking. I.e. the text information and options that they picked when they signed up.

I can't seem to get this to happen. How do they get a user name and password that will work for loggin into the system late to accomplish this.

I have searched and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks in advance.
  2. Michael Hill

Michael Hill eSyndicat Support Team

Hi,

First of all, your must enable editors in admin panel->Configuration->Editors Configuration:
    Editors - enable
    Registered only - enable

In this case, after register proc, editors receive username and password. Later, editors login, and can modify their own links only. Modified links approve to directory by admin.
  3. Skip Bertsch

Skip Bertsch Paid Customer

Hi, thanks for the info.

I have tried all combinations of the settings in the editors area. Right now I have it as you suggested. I then go to the directory, pick a category.. then attempt to submit a link. I have to register as I have no login. I put in the info username, password etc.. I then am directed to a page that says "My Links
    No links. " with link edit type panel. I get a blank email with no wording at all. Thus there is no link to edit of course (and) a blank email. Something's still not right. Can you tell me what I need to fix?
  4. jsgypsy

jsgypsy Paid Customer

Hi there, I'm a newbie at this too, but I was getting the blank emails too. It is as simple as going in to
    Configuration/Email Templates and then enabling each type of email you want to use. Be sure to save your changes.

HTH!:good:
  5. Sergey Ten

Sergey Ten <b>eSyndiCat Lead Developer</b>