View Full Version : Can eSyndicat 2.3.xxx be upgradable to Yellow Page?
08-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I love the functionality of the directory and its available pluggins. I have read many anxiously-waiting postings and positive comments about the yellowpage script. I am wondering whether I can uprade or convert to yellow page script. The reason is I have been adding contents and about to add lots of data to the directory. If possible, is there a general comparison chart for the directory and the yellow page without giving the "secret" to your (eventually our) competitors?
08-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Thanks for your interest in our yellow pages script. Yeah, it's coming. It already has a lot of functionality though it's just a beta version.
As you might know its built on top of Subrion CMS - another product from our company. Today we have released a new 2.1.0 RC2 subrion version and now we are working on the plugins updates.
Also I'm in the process of writing a detailed features description and it's going to be available here in a while:
yellow pages script (http://www.subrion.com/product/yellow-pages-script/features.html) features
Right now we don't have a comparison chart for the features of both scripts, but I can assure you esyndicat will be more a listing directory software and yellow pages will be premium package with flexible locations, maps, directions, events and reviews.
That's just the basic conception.
Please follow us on twitter.com/Subrion to be informed about the latest news.
08-23-2011, 04:08 AM
And regarding the topic - sure, all our products will be cross-convertible, so it would not be a problem to migrate your data.
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
As long as data can be convertible or migrated from eSyndicat to Yellowpage, I feel really good to continue expanding the data that I have. Here are some of the features or pluggins that I can think of for the Yellowpage (if possibles, of course this is a wishlist):
1. Social features such as chat, blog, comment, feedback, and tell_a_friend, ect..
2. Sharing features to connect with other popular social websites such as Facebook, Twitter, ect.
3. Community feature (including events) for each of the locations in the world. As you know, we are so connected and each ethnicity is spread around the globe. Also, people with common interest are located all over the globe. This feature is important locally but also essential to be connected to the globe as the whole.
4. Besides advertising revenue, Google adsense, classified ads, and auctions are also important.
5. All the pluggins that you have for the eSyndicat 2.3.xxx are just awesome.
6. Audio/Video player is great in nowaday. People across the globe can easily record and share audio and video.
7. I like your Open ID access. It means that people can use their popular id/password to subscribe and login. This wonderfully reduces the number of ids and passwords to remember.
Bottom line is, great script for a particular function (in this case is CMS) is only best utilized when it is sharable/socializable, interactible, adaptable, managable, and free of bug.
That's just my thoughts.
10-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for yellow pages script, I was waiting for your new product i checked it out its really amazing. It would be more better for your those customers who uses directory pro version, if you publish plugin like yellow page script and i was waiting for that kind of change.
Thanks & Regards,
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.