How to upgrade from 2.2.06 to 2.3.XX
Posted by Dmitry M. on 22 February 2011 08:30 AM
To upgrade from 2.2.06 version of eSyndiCat to 2.3.XX please read this article.
You can find the latest upgrade script in the version of eSyndiCat you have downloaded from www.esyndicat.com (it's located in /includes/imports/ folder).
You should unzip and upload it to includes/imports/ folder on your web server.
During the installation of 2.3.XX version please use the same database and credentials as for the old one.
In other words please install the new version of the script to the old database using the same (old) database user and database password.
Step by step instructions:
2) Go to admin panel of 2.3.XX version
3) Go to "Importer" section. (You can find link in the "Quick Jump To" menu)
4) Choose 2.3.XX version in dropdown
5) Enter MySQL database information where installed the 2.2.06 version
6) Click "Import"
7) Go to "Manage Database" -> "Check Consistency"
8) Click "CATEGORIES RELATION: REPAIR" and "ACTIVE LISTINGS COUNT: RECOUNT"
9) You are done!